Josh Gitlin♦ (moderator)
I am a Moderator Pro Tempore for this site. That means I do things like handling flags, approving/rejecting edits, and generally help the community in any way I can. I'm here to help! If you have a question, I try to stay in our chat room almost all the time, even if I'm not at my computer. To get my attention, just post a message in chat with
@Josh in it, and I'll respond as soon as I can.
I can also be reached from my website or via email at
cogsci -at- josh -dot- gitlin -dot- name. If you have an any issues please don't hesitate to contact me.
I am not actually a Cognitive Scientist. I am a Systems Engineer for Amazon.com, and formerly Chief Technology Officer and the senior software developer at Digital Fruition, LLC. I am an avid user of Stack Exchange sites and fascinated by the workings of the mysterious and complex computer we call the human mind.
I believe firmly in this community and try to do do everything I can to help it grow! I am frequently on Meta where we discuss issues about this site. I'm very approachable. If you have a question or an issue, find me in chat or @ me on one of my posts. While I may not be the most knowledgable user about Cognitive Sciences on our site, I know a lot about Stack Exchange!
Top Network Posts
- 151What is the "rootless" feature in El Capitan, really?
- 131How is it that taking a break from a problem sometimes allows you to figure out the answer?
- 90OS X: Base64 encode via command line
- 84Exit strategies for "chameleon questions"
- 78Is there an easy way to replace duplicate files with hardlinks?
- 69/me command for chat
- 57Offer an XMPP method for chat
- View more network posts →